A Positive Mindset Makes Things Happen with Margie Hadley
Why A Positive Mindset Makes Things Happen
“If you think that you can’t - then you won’t, so you have to think that you can.”
Do you find yourself thinking “What if…?”, or “I can’t do this…” when it comes to taking the first step of a challenge?
In this episode, David is joined by Margie Hadley, a business owner, Ultra Marathon runner and Australian 100k Team Representative with many podiums under her belt. Margie shares why the right mindset is critical to achieving success, and how to stay committed to achieving your goals despite encountering hardships.
In this episode, you will discover:
- Margie’s early childhood and growing up
- Running a business during COVID including how they restructured their work and management practices to ensure the safety of their staff and customers, but also that the business remained successful.
- How and why she moved into ultra endurance running, and how she qualified to represent Australia
- How she trains, and how her training program has evolved over time
- How she juggles running a business, relationships and training and performing at an elite level
- The mental approach she believes is key to her success
- Margie’s challenge for you over the coming week:
- “Don’t be afraid to fail!”
- “I see a lot of people, whether they're starting running and they're scared to just go out the door and do 1 K or 500 meters, or ultra runners that are scared to push themselves to a speed event or something like that... Just get out the door and push yourself to that thing that you’ve been afraid to do, now is the time to do it!”